Saturday, January 19, 2008

We're Back Up and Flying ...

On Friday, Oddbod and I picked up some replacement / spare blades for our CX2's from Mr Heli and then today, I repaired and took her out for some test runs in my lounge room first and then over to a mate's house in his rather large backyard.

It was a nice still day, only a breeze once, which took it awfully close to the clothes line (phew). I did start to have an issue though, when making the CX2 go forward, it wasn't responding properly and at one point as it's elevation rose - I had it hovering as high as a two-storey house ;)

2 comments:

Oddbod said...

Well I must admit once the new blade was on couldn't wait to get her up and going again.

After spending a week in training (i.e. a very boring time of low level flying, hovering and trimming etc.) I decided to get her going and start taking some risks and in that endeavouring to skill up.....

Well no major breakages yet and I am getting used to flying around the room (a 10 X 6 metre room) and controlling it exactly where I want to go....baby steps for me (boring I know) but overall less breakages and a chance to focus on the core skills needed.

Sikosis said...

Well that's it exactly ... first time I flew it was in the house and I just gunned it and crashed into everything. The wife is now on speaking terms again :)

I then started to do the baby steps aka low-level flight training as well and that is definitely needed when working out the trim.

You also brought up a good point this morning when you mentioned about the CX2 "disturbing" the surrounding air.